Monday 17 November 2014

Save £30 on Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks - The Most Shocking Dupe of All Time


Everyone has heard of the famous Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks.  These multi-purpose bricks which give the most beautiful highlight to the cheekbones, cupid's bow, centre of the nose and inner corner of the eye, can also be used as eyeshadow.  The shimmer bricks which are available in an array of shades, consist of 5 stripes of colour, which can be used individually or together.  Priced at approximately £32.50 in the UK, the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks are by no means a budget buy.  It may surprise you, as it did me, that there is an alternative which is not only a dupe for the Bobbi Brown range, but the real thing, albeit in a different guise!


For a number of years I have purchased Sue Moxley's Famous range of Shimmer bricks, named after some of the today's most iconic pop stars, including: Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Beyonce and Mariah Carey.  The budget range was available at Superdrug and can be purchased for as little as £2.99 on EBay and Amazon.  I couldn't help but compare the range to the Bobbi Brown one as they appeared virtually identical in appearance and in terms of colour payoff.  

You can imagine my surprise when I tweeted my followers a few days ago, letting them know that the Sue Moxley Famous range of Shimmer Bricks were "virtually identical to the Bobbi Brown range and a fraction of the price."  No other than the lovely Sue Moxley herself, retweeted my comment and also notified me that:  "they come from the same factory" and that the only difference between the two is: "the packaging."  In my opinion the packaging on the Sue Moxley range is even better and more supportive of the contents.  I found that the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks were always smashing and I have never had that problem with Sue Moxley's range.

So ladies you have it from the lady herself, you can pay £32.30 for a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick or save yourselves £30 and buy exactly the same product, made by exactly the same people.  This seems crazy to me and shows just how easily we are being fooled by expensive high end branding.  


Follow me on Twitter

Please follow me and feel free to comment

Email: kohlandlipstick@gmail.com



1 comment: